April 7, 2013

Other things I've learned (since being in California)...

  • The first few days are HARD. Expect that.  Know that Satan is super good at discouraging you, like super good. (Pretty sure the whole 18 months is hard!)
  • Study "How to Begin Teaching" in Preach My Gospel [before you leave for your mission]. It's important for investigators to know why you are there-- to invite them to become closer to their Savior and to prepare to make covenants with Him (baptism).
  • If you can, start studying at least 2 hours per day to prepare you for all the studying you do in the mission field.
  • Bring a reusable water bottle.
  • Bring a backpack!  I've been here for a few days and my shoulder is killing from carrying my purse. Tracting is not fun with a purse. [a shoulder bag was listed in "what to bring".  It also mentioned something about looking professional-- but turned out to not be very practical].
  • Look for those tender mercies when you are bummed out, discouraged, or sad. They are there.
  • You will be tired ALL THE TIME. I can't even tell you how many times throughout the day that I yawn.
  • You will pray A LOT. Silent prayers and vocal prayers. I swear I pray a out 40 times a day. It's a good thing. :)
  • Remember always why you wanted to serve a mission in the first place.
  • You [might] cry. A lot. It's okay, it's human nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment