April 15, 2013

Day 34... You Are My Angels


April 15, 2013

(This is super random and thoughts do not connect with each other at all. Sorry in advance! My mind is everywhere!!)

Dear everyone who I love dearly,

I have ten minutes to write this email, but I just want to say thank you to all of you. For your fasting, tears, prayers, thoughts, letters, packages, everything. I have felt it all so much over the past week. You all are my angels here. Yesterday was amazing. My companions were fasting for me and many of you were and I felt it. I could feel that power and strength and spirit from all of you yesterday... so strongly. I wish I could do something to show my gratitude more than a thank you.

Long story short, I was having a really rough time in Yucaipa. It was just not a good environment for me and I just wasn't happy. Because of all of your faith and prayers, and an inspired mission president, I was emergency transferred (ET'd) to Jurupa/Rubidoux/Riverside. I am with Sister Boyd (she is almost 26 and has been here for 9 months). I love her SOOO much. She is so comforting and loving and mother-y (made up word, sorry) to me, which I have been desperately needing. And of course, I love Sister Haycock. [She was Amanda's companion in the MTC]. She is already trainer material. These sisters work so hard and are so busy and so many people are coming unto Christ and being baptized here. We had (well I experienced) my first baptism (oh! and wedding too!) a couple hours after I got to Jurupa (or however you spell this town's name). It was really encouraging to be there and to see the good that I have the potential to do here. I love being in a threesome. It is so fun and happy. God very much has a hand in our lives. It feels like home here (well missionary home). I want to be here now and I am excited to be here for the first time. It's a good feeling. I haven't felt like that since the MTC. I could not have a stronger testimony of angels. They are so real. I have been feeling the presence of my future children like you would not believe. It is wonderful and brings me to tears.

I gotta go, but thank you all for your support and prayers. I cannot thank you enough. I love you all.

Love,
Sister Chase

The happy threesome! Sisters Boyd, Haycock and Chase
in front of their home that they share with a single sister.

Back together again! Yay!

No different than college :)

1 comment: