June 6, 2013

Day 83... "We need not be afraid if we are grounded in His doctrine."

June 3, 2013


Dear family and friends,

This past week was pretty uneventful, except for Sister R's baptism yesterday afternoon!!! Her husband received the Aaronic priesthood and was able to baptize her. He was just baptized a week earlier. It was so awesome to see. Families can change because of the gospel. They used to argue and fight and had some really bad feelings for one another, but as they embraced the gospel of Jesus Christ, they have been able to understand each other better and have been able to love each other despite their weaknesses. Hopefully their daughter will be baptized soon!



As we have visited TONSSSSSSS of less actives (some of which are not nice at all and many like to tell us what we are doing wrong as missionaries). I have discovered four things that if people did, the world would be a lot better of a place and they would be happy:

1. Be thankful/grateful
2. Control your pride
3. Live the Word of Wisdom
4. Live the Law of Chastity

I wish people realized how important following those commandments are to our happiness!!! Lives and families are torn apart because of those things. It's super sad to see. I hope that I am doing a decent job at letting these less actives know how much the gospel could bless their life if they could just embrace it!

I found a couple of quotes this week in my personal study that I thought I'd share:

"Sometimes we become the lightening rod, and we must "take the heat" for holding fast to God's standards and doing His work. I testify that we need not be afraid if we are grounded in His doctrine. We may experience misunderstanding, criticism, and even false accusations but we are never alone. Our Savior was despised and rejected of men. It is our sacred privilege to stand with him" –Elder Robert D. Hales.

I LOVE that quote. This week has been a lot of rejection and all that not so fun stuff, and it has mostly come from inactive members (go figure). After I read that quote, I came to the realization that I am experiencing the teeeeeensiest, tiniest bit of the persecution the Savior went through, and what a privilege it is to do His work! Despite the not so great stuff, being a missionary is the best thing I could ever do with my life right now.

I also found this quote that applies so well to each of us, especially those who already have a knowledge of the gospel:

"The restored gospel of Jesus Christ blesses lives not just when we believe it--but much more when we live it" President Uchtdorf.

What a true, true, statement that is. I just so wish you could all know the desires of my heart and the desires of God's heart concerning all of you. I know we are all going through hard things, but I just wish I could plead with you to hold to the rod, hold to what you have been taught growing up in the gospel. It is TRUE. So true. I have seen the gospel bless my life and others' lives the very minute they choose to embrace and live the gospel.

I love you all soooo much. Thank you for your prayers and notes of encouragement. I love hearing from you all!

Love,
sister amanda abby chase

Good thing Amanda can't look at her blog!
She would not be a fan of me (mom) posting this picture.
Captures the new side of Amanda--which I love :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment