May 7, 2013

Day 56... "This is why I am here".


May 7, 2013

Excerpts from Sister Chase's email today...

Oh! So me and Sister Haycock are in a companionship and then Sister Boyd and Sister Fankhauser are the new sister AP's (they're technically called coordinating sisters or something like that). They got a new car and now we have the Fusion. So we divided up the work in our ward. So there are two sets of sister missionaries in just our ward! We're all living in the same house. So there is lots to do.
 
Sister Boyd and Fankhauser had a meeting with President and Sister Smart this morning about their new assignment and President asked Sister Boyd if I would be willing to have a new companion next transfer. So I’ll probably be training and/or maybe transferred next transfer in June. There are 17 sisters coming next transfer and only one of them is Spanish speaking! Crazy. The work is definitely progressing.

I really liked how in your letter you said you would pray for the desire to talk to people. That's a really good first step. I know Heavenly Father will give you that desire. And then it is up to you to ACT, like Elder Bednar always says.  Another thing that I've noticed is that the families that talk to their neighbors about the church a lot are the families that know the missionaries in their ward really good and that invite them for dinner a lot. I am SOOO grateful for many of these families in this ward. They are so supportive and loving. It really helps the missionaries.

Reuben’s brother, Tyler will be baptized this Saturday. Haven’t taught his sister yet.

The R family is doing so awesome. [They met the father and son of this family at the grocery store just a short time ago]. They are in the other sister’s area, now though. They will be baptized on May 19th. We had stake conference and the R's came to church for the first time. They sat in the pew in front of us. They are the cutest family and we were sitting there and I thought to myself, "This is why I am here." I am here to help bring people, but more importantly, families to Christ. We talked about them being sealed on May 19, 2014. I really hope I can attend their sealing. I love that family to death. It has been so neat to see how as they all have embraced the gospel; they have become closer together as a family. They are just so happy.

Read Alma 24. I wrote it down the other day to tell you about it but now I forget what it's about!


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment