December 20, 2012

I can serve at 19?

So I thought I would write a little bit about why I am serving a mission and how this came about. A little over two months ago I was at my grandma's house getting reading and watching the Saturday morning session of General Conference. President Thomas S. Monson began to talk and then he turned his thoughts towards missionary work. He then announced that boys can now serve at 18 and girls at 19. I immediately started to cry as I knew this meant my life could change--and change soon. And boy did it ever. I wanted to make sure I wasn't making any rash decisions, but I received so many small and quiet promptings that serving a mission is something I needed to do. I quickly completed my papers and received my call on November 14 to the California Riverside Mission, English speaking. I've always sort of thought I would serve a mission, yet serving at 21 never sounded right. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve the people of Southern California. I know the road ahead of me will be bumpy, but I know that it will be a wonderful and rewarding18 month ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment